Tuesday 25 October 2011

a plan for implementation

The first task this week was to put our research question into one sentence:

Acknowledging that there is a transition in information from physical to digital, how can the curation of digital artifacts and the mapping of research adjacencies tell a personal narrative that constitutes towards the representation of self in both physical and digital space?

We were also asked to think about the final outcomes of our linked research project and develop a timescale for now until the end of the submission. Since then, I have been thinking lot about what my final design outcome should be for the project.

After researching probe methodologies, some probe studies like the trash can (see previous post) use the probes as the start of a long conversation between the researcher and the participants. One solution would be to carry on this conversation by creating not a solution but something that challenges themes that I gained from the interviews with my probe participants. So, I would be extending the conversation and giving them something back to challenge my ideas.

If I had more time, this is something that I would like to do, however I have more of a desire to produce a proposal as opposed to creating an extension of the probe. So what could this be?

Due to the amount of time left, I think that it may be unrealistic to have the ambition of creating something, but I am not going to rule this one out yet. Another option is to do something in processing. I would like to build on some of my processing skills that I have been developing in my thesis primer but I have no idea what this would produce yet.

Could it be a graphic representation of the researcher, this black box of which little people understand. This could highlight conflicts, insights etc… and ultimately creating a narrative of the individual through graphical representation

If this is going to be a graphical representation, I could make this interactive and display it somewhere to test and see what the response is.

Plan for completion: download

Submission outcome: download

No comments:

Post a Comment