Wednesday 20 July 2011

wifi Mapping

Due to the lack of internet in my new flat, I have found myself wandering the streets of Newcastle, phone in hand trying to find a bt openzone hotspot so that I can do some work. In the end, I gave up and resulted to Starbucks but what this reminded me of was the project by Timo below:



How something like this could be translated into an architectural intervention would be great to see. In a video posted by Martyn at the beginning of the year, a guy gave a talk on how the wifi in a Library in Australia governed how people used the space and that people clustered around free wifi spots as a form of social interaction. This type of integration of wifi hotspots with public parks, small plazas would be great to see in the landscape of Newcastle.

No comments:

Post a Comment