Monday 22 August 2011

360° of Inspiration

Today, as you do on a Monday as an unemployed gal around London town, I went to Round House in Chalk Farm to see Ron Arad’s Curtain Call.

It was absolutely brilliant example of digital art. It is an interactive 360 degree installation that show cases over 12 different pieces of work by different people from Paul Cocksedge to the Royal College of Art.

I walked in and was suprised by the sheer scale of the piece. It instantly made you feel like you were entering a different dimension. I walked through the curtain whilst being serenaded by 'plinky plonky' music and staring a pretty patterns. Everyone was either sitting or lying on the floor just taking it all in so I joined them. A minute later the artist changed along with the tone. The music got louder and faster, the beat dropped, the animation got more aggressive and it felt really trippy because you are surrounded!



I spent an hour there in total being taken on a world wind trip through different artists minds. It was awesome and I definitely recommend you go and experience it if you get the chance.

Great thing about it is you pay what you want to get in! So I emptied out my purse and donated 1 moth, 1 Tesco receipt and £1.36 for the pleasure! What a bargain!



No comments:

Post a Comment