Tuesday 8 November 2011

Autoethnography Hurts!

After interviewing my Traceur volunteers and then videoing/capturing their movements last Saturday, I was then (quite easily) persuaded to join in with them at a training session at Dynamix Skatepark on Sunday morning. Along with approx. 12 or so young children, one teenager and one other adult I was taught a few key moves of Parkour by both Hollie and Lee in a one hour long session.

The moves we learnt were:
  • Wallrun - Learnt in two parts: the beginning 'run' up the wall and the subsequent 'pull up' on to the top of the wall (in this case a half pipe).
  • Roll
It was a really interesting process and I thoroughly enjoyed experiencing how they taught Parkour. I noticed that the level of concentration I needed to maintain during the moves was really high and as the session went on I began to appreciate the level of self-awareness that everyone else seemed to have.

I really enjoyed taking part and I hope to join Hollie and Lee out and about in town next weekend. I really hope that by that time the muscles in my body, that I clearly never use, will have stopped hurting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment