Saturday 5 November 2011

Occupy Twitter

My primer project has developed into a comparative study of different viewpoints. I've signed up for a Twitter Developer account, and managed to return a list of all followers IDs for a specified user. I'd really like to try to query users profiles, and as a starter create a geographic mapping exercise with this data, but haven't managed that yet.

I would also think that it would be really interesting to try and track tweets and re tweets with #OccupyLSX and draw nodes representing opinion leaders. Again, perhaps I will be able to query these in terms of geographic distribution.

However far I get, it should then be easy to modify to track others sources of tweets. Hopefully the comparisons between the data network underpinning movements like OccupyLSX, and big banks media feeds, should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment